We expect to communicate with you and others in various mediums and methods, including general mailings, online or electronic communications, for special donor projects and otherwise to advance our purposes. It is our desire not to send you unwanted communications. You have the opportunity to opt out of, and to remove your name from mailing lists, electronic and otherwise. We send out regular general mailings and others mailings for special donor projects. Please contact us if you do not wish to receive these mailings or other future communications.
The types or categories of donor information that we collect, maintain, and use in our business include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- contact information: name, organization/church, address, phone number, phone number type, email address;
- shipping information: name, organization/church, address;
- information concerning how you heard about the Jesus and Science Foundation;
- information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- your request to receive (or not receive) periodic updates from us, such as periodic communications related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
How Information is Used
The Jesus & Science Foundation expects to and may use your information to understand your needs and desires, and to provide better service to you and others who use the Sites. Specifically, we expect to use information collected on or from the Sites to help you complete a transaction, to communicate with you, and to update you on ministry happenings. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
Payment information, e.g. credit/debit card numbers, bank account and routing details, etc., will be used only for donation or payment processing and is generally not retained by us; provided, that payment information for recurring payments may be stored securely by us or our third-party processors who are engaged to handle our electronic payments.
Personal and financial information will not be shared with any third party, except where required by law or where necessary and appropriate for our lawful operations, such as through authorized service providers we utilize to collect and process donations or other legitimate internal functions.
No Sharing of Personal Information
The Jesus and Science Foundation will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes, in accordance with these policy directives and only to further the ministry activities and purposes of the Jesus and Science Foundation.
We sometimes use “cookies” to collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better service. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better service, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. In order to improve the quality of our communications, we may also from time to time share such anonymous information with certain third parties, such as our advertising and media vendors.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of our site may not function properly.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
We are especially concerned about ensuring the privacy of children online. We are therefore committed to comply with applicable laws and requirements, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Links to Other Websites
The Sites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
We believe in and will endeavor to advance the following Donor Expectations:
- To be informed of the Foundation’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To expect the Foundation’s leadership to exercise prudent judgment in stewardship responsibilities.
- To be assured that donor gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To be assured that information about donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all interactions with the Foundation are professional and lawful in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the Foundation or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive reasonably prompt, truthful and forthright answers.